Special "Flight of the Valkyries!"
The special "Flight of the Valkyries!" will give you the opportunity to recruit three unique female pilots, each with her own special skills.
During the special, Soviet, American, and German female pilots will be available for recruiting. Each pilot is trained for a specific aircraft by default, but can be retrained for another aircraft. One of the pilots can be recruited for free. The other two can be recruited using tokens. If an aircraft, for which a certain female pilot is trained for, is not available in the Hangar, a player can recruit this female pilot along with the corresponding aircraft at additional charge without having to research this aircraft. Tokens can be purchased with gold.
Unique Female Pilots with Individual Skills
The update will introduce the following female pilots:
- Marina Litvyakova: U.S.S.R., St. Leytenant, pilot for the IL-2 (t) attack aircraft.
- Mary Lovehart: U.S.A., First Lieutenant, pilot for the P-47B Thunderbolt multirole fighter.
- Charlotte von Staufen: Germany, Oberleutnant, pilot for the Bf 110 E heavy fighter.
These female pilots are unique, i.e., each pilot can be recruited only once, and it is impossible to recruit two identical pilots.
All three female pilots possess unique skills that naturally complement the capabilities of their aircraft and improve their performance in battle. More details about the female pilots and their skills will be available in the WoWP Developers Blog.
Quick Crew Transfer Between Aircraft
Starting from update 1.9.9, it will be possible to quickly replace a crew member with any other suitable crew member from the Barracks or other aircraft right in the panel for preparing an aircraft for battle (on the right part of screen). Players will no longer have to send a pilot or a rear gunner to the Barracks, switch between the aircraft in the aircraft carousel, etc. Crews can be swapped in two clicks in the quick crew transfer menu.
Moving Rear Guns
Development and testing of animated rear gunners and their guns for the aircraft already existing in the game is completed. New rear guns can be seen tracking a target and firing at it. In this update, moving rear guns were implemented on the following aircraft: Demon, Skua, Beaufighter, 2PA, Ao 192, Fw 57, Bf 110 B, Bf 110 C-6, Bf 110 E, Me 210, and Ki-8. Now all aircraft with rear guns have the appropriate animations.
Balance Changes for Particular Aircraft
- As part of improving the visualization of rear gunner's firing, burst duration for rear guns mounted on the Demon, Skua, Beaufighter, Ao 192, Fw 57, Bf 110 B, Bf 110 C-6, Bf 110 E, Me 210, Do 17 Z-7, Ki-8, and 2PA was increased. Also, damage caused, firing range and angles of these aircraft were adjusted.
- Changes by aircraft:
- Ki-8: burst duration increased, damage reduced
- Demon: burst duration increased, damage reduced
- Skua: burst duration increased, damage reduced; firing range for the top rear gun increased
- Beaufighter: burst duration increased; firing angles in the yaw axis of the stock rear gun reduced; rotation rate and damage of the top rear gun reduced
- Ao 192: burst duration increased, firing angles in the yaw axis reduced; firing range of the top rear gun increased
- Fw 57: burst duration increased, firing angles in the yaw axis increased (up to +/-90°), rotation rate reduced
- Me 210: burst duration increased, damage and firing range increased
- Do 17 Z-7, Bf 110B, Bf 110 E, Bf 110 C-6, 2PA: burst duration increased
- Updated damage models for the following aircraft: LaGG-3, LaGG-3 (34), La-5, La-7, La-9, La-11, P-39Q-15, and Hs 129B. Damage to these aircraft and their modules will be caused more accurately.
- Fixed bug where the skill reset option was automatically changed to gold if a battle finished when a player was selecting an option.
- Fixed bug where the aircraft specifications panel showing detailed information about an aircraft was automatically switched to the aircraft overview state after a player returned to Hangar from a battle or after leaving a queue for a battle. Now the panel remains in the same state through the entire game session.
- Fixed bug where a part of the airframe of the IL-10 aircraft disappeared when the pilot was injured.
- Fixed wrong description of the Hs 123 aircraft.
- Fixed bug where simultaneous pressing of the Alt key and any other key activated the Windows sound notifying that too many keys were pressed simultaneously.
- Fixed bug where a cursor disappeared when recalling the replay menu by pressing the Esc key.